Halo Reach Beta Funtage

Bilzo » 3pm - Aug 21, 2010
Well I had loads of leftovers from my previous betatage Believe Me 2.0 so I figured I may as well get some use out of them along with a couple of clips from 3 of my friends, AtR Pauleto18 and his two random spawn into...

Comments   

 
#1 Bilzo 2010-08-22 00:54
It's blocked in germany at the moment on youtube, lol. I will fix it but stil :P
Quote
 
 
#2 SAlVl 2010-08-22 18:50
nice job on the montage bilzo. but you had a pretty good amount of clips in there that didnt make it a funtage at all like triple kills and stuff. but otherwise nice job.
Quote
 
 
#3 LANDO GRIFF1N 2010-08-22 22:54
nice job Bilzo... I hope you know where that song originally came from I also had a question about your capturing... it looks like the video is a little grayed out. This may be due to the fact you are capturing your clips in RGB color space instead of the YCbCr709 color space. When using the intensity card YCbCr709 is the way to go.
Quote
 
 
#4 Bilzo 2010-08-23 00:23
LANDO GRIFF1N wrote: Quote:
nice job Bilzo... I hope you know where that song originally came from I also had a question about your capturing... it looks like the video is a little grayed out. This may be due to the fact you are capturing your clips in RGB color space instead of the YCbCr709 color space. When using the intensity card YCbCr709 is the way to go.
Yes I know both of the originals, that's all the frog does is remixes and the video was meant to be a bit of fun. In regards to the capturing, I am using the media express program with the BM AVI motion jpeg codec, I am guessing that YCbCr709 is another codec and you capture with Premiere Pro? I am capping at 1080i and don't have anything set up in raid but neither of my hard drives have trouble keeping up, unless you go uncompressed but that one is pretty obvious and would need a beastly computer to edit. Oh and in the clips with the we are the champions part of the second song (the slower part) I was using some colour correction which did dull it up a little bit whilst also brightening it.
Quote
 
 
#5 Bilzo 2010-08-23 00:29
SAlVl wrote: Quote:
nice job on the montage bilzo. but you had a pretty good amount of clips in there that didnt make it a funtage at all like triple kills and stuff. but otherwise nice job.
Yeah well all I did in the beta was have fun, I never went for clips once I just had fun with it and these along with the clips in my other montage and some more that aren't in either were just the result. Oh and I just know that if I tried to call it something serious with the crazy frog for both songs the flames would be allot higher when people start seeing this video.
Quote
 
 
#6 LANDO GRIFF1N 2010-08-23 01:22
Bilzo wrote: Quote:
In regards to the capturing, I am using the media express program with the BM AVI motion jpeg codec, I am guessing that YCbCr709 is another codec and you capture with Premiere Pro? I am capping at 1080i and don't have anything set up in raid but neither of my hard drives have trouble keeping up, unless you go uncompressed but that one is pretty obvious and would need a beastly computer to edit.
Actually, the color space is separate and independent from whatever codec you are using for capture. If you look under your xbox color space settings you will see options for RGB as well as YCbCr709... Auto Source RGB YCbCr709 YCbCr601 I suggest doing a capture comparison with both settings. You will notice a difference!
Quote
 
 
#7 Bilzo 2010-08-23 02:20
Where are these settings?
Quote
 
 
#8 LANDO GRIFF1N 2010-08-23 03:08
Bilzo wrote: Quote:
Where are these settings?
Go to... System Settings - Console Settings - Display - HDMI Color Space
Quote
 
 
#9 Bilzo 2010-08-23 03:43
LANDO GRIFF1N wrote: Quote:
Bilzo wrote: Quote:
Where are these settings?
Go to... System Settings - Console Settings - Display - HDMI Color Space
That's your problem right there, I don't use the hdmi as my T.V. doesn't have a HDMI input.
Quote
 
 
#10 SKINNY 2010-09-04 01:14
the editing was good and i thought the songs you used were a good choice, they weren't the normal scream at the top of your lungs metal or rock or whatever they call it these days, that crap makes me want to punch a baby. lol. as far as the gameplay goes you had some good clips, but like SAM had said there were alot of clips that didn't make it feel like a funtage. the part where you had the spartan upside down was different, but thats kinda what you want if your trying to stand out. overall i enjoyed this video.
Quote
 
 
#11 Bilzo 2010-09-04 08:41
The only reason it was called a funtage was because none of it was serious, it was all leftovers with some stupid songs but really, it's a title on a video I quickly knocked up to use up the clips so that I could delete them without it feeling like a waste.
Quote
 
 
#12 SKINNY 2010-09-04 10:32
Makes sense
Quote
 

Add comment


Security code
Refresh